Thursday, February 5, 2015

Chicken Nachos



I was watching The Pioneer Woman and she made these delicious chicken nachos. I usually don't like chicken nachos and when I watched this episode on the food network I immediately thought I bet those would make great chicken tacos. 

First I made them as tacos and they were a huge hit with my family. Every one liked them and we each had several. That weekend I made them as nachos and they were amazing and vanished in minutes. So I am posting them as nachos but will add another post as tacos later. Try them and let me know what you think. 

Ingredients

2 tablespoons of taco seasoning
2 tablespoons of chili powder
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
3 tablespoons of olive oil
8 ounce tomato sauce
1 cup water
a few dashes of hot sauce
1 bag of tortilla chips
3-4 cups Mexican blend cheese
salsa
jalapeno slices
sliced olives
diced tomato
scallions
avocado or guacamole


Directions

Pre heat oven to 350 degrees

sprinkle taco seasoning and chili powder on chicken. In a large skillet add olive oil and heat. sprinkle seasoning and chili powder on chicken. Place chicken in hot skillet and cook about 5-10 minutes on each side. Once they are cooked set aside and add tomato sauce and water and hot sauce. 

Shred chicken with fork and then add it back to the pan and let it simmer in the sauce until cooks down and is pipping hot about 20 minutes. 

Assemble nachos however you like. I like to add chips to a pan but not layer because they some chips don't get cheese. Add chicken, olives, onions, jalapenos, and then cheese. Bake until cheese is melted about 5 to 10 minutes. Then add tomatoes, avocado, and salsa with a dollop of sour cream in the middle. 

No comments:

Post a Comment